The offer and sale of instruments on www.miocannone.com are regulated by the following Terms and Conditions.
The instruments purchased on www.miocannone.com are sold directly by Amorim Fine Violins Cremona S.R.L. (VAT N. IT01676710195) with registered office at Piazza Marconi, 7b, 26100, Cremona, Italy.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS, INCLUDING THE BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION CONTAINED IN SECTION 26.
BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS WEBSITE AFTER HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU AGREE TO THEM; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS WEBSITE.
In these Terms and Conditions, the terms “Mio Cannone Violini,” “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Amorim Fine Violins Cremona S.R.L. These Terms and Conditions govern your access to and use of all or any part of the website located at www.miocannone.com and the purchase of our products.
1. OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU Trial of any instrument for 30 days gives you total peace of mind. Exchange for another instrument or you can choose to get 100% of your money back. Hassle-free shipping & returns both completely free.
2. MASTERPIECES We sell the incredible works of established makers as well as the cream of the crop of emerging talent. Our curatorship guarantees a selection of the most desired and beautiful sounding instruments from today. All our masterpieces are insured from our location until the comfort of your home. If any damage happens to occur during the transition period, Mio Cannone covers all the costs and manages compensation for the client.
3. ORIGIN, QUALITY AND AUTENTHICITY All instruments come with a certificate of authenticity. Mio Cannone guarantees originality and reliability on all our available masterpieces. All makers have been carefully selected by our curators and experts in the violin-making industry.
4. INSURANCE COVER The 30-day trial period is covered under the insurance of Mio Cannone. The insurance covers transportation until the destination, as well as the 30 days after it arrives, except when: a. Breakage of strings, reeds or drumheads while the instrument is being played. b. Loss of or damage to any insured instrument whilst in or on any motor vehicle owned by or under the control of you or your employees which is left unattended without an authorised occupant. c. Loss or destruction of, or damage to any property whatsoever, or any loss or expenses whatsoever resulting or arising directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from: i. ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel ii. the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear component thereof iii. nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
a. Loss or damage as a consequence of riot or civil commotion happening outside of the United Kingdom.
b. Any loss or damage directly or indirectly occasioned by, happening through or in consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or confiscation, or detention or nationalisation or requisition or destruction to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
c. Loss or destruction of, or damage to any property whatsoever, directly or indirectly caused by corrosion, rust, dampness, dryness, dust, evaporation, shrinkage, change in colour or finish, chemical action or reaction, moth or vermin, wear and tear, gradual depreciation or inherent vice.
d. Loss or damage caused by climatic and/or atmospheric conditions and/or extremes of temperature or light.
e. Loss or damage of any article, occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
f. Loss or damage to insured item(s) whilst in the course of transit by air or postal or similar transit unless the insured item(s) is securely packed in a suitable protective case or container, or has been packed by a professional transit or removal company.
g. Loss or damage arising out of a deliberate act by you or by anyone acting on your behalf.
h. Loss or damage that is not directly associated with the incident that caused you to claim, unless expressly stated in this insurance.
i. Loss, damage, cost or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any act of terrorism regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss. Furthermore, we do not cover loss, damage, cost or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to any act of terrorism. If we allege that by reason of this exclusion, any loss, damage, cost or expense is not covered by this insurance the burden of proving the contrary shall be upon you. In the event any portion of this exclusion is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder shall remain in full force and effect. Loss or damage caused by or directly resulting from work done in the course of alteration or any refinishing, renovating, repairing, restoring or similar process. In case of a return, the insurance will cover the instrument’s transportation.
5. ACCURACY OF CONTENT AND PRICING INFORMATION Because prices, product descriptions and availability can change quickly, Mio Cannone Violini does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on the Website, in its stores or in electronic or written materials and is not responsible for pricing, typographical or other errors. Mio Cannone Violini may make changes to the information contained herein, including to the instruments and prices described on the Website, at any time, without prior notice to you (including after you have submitted an order). Information on the Website is periodically updated, but it may not be current or complete at the moment you use the Website and may contain errors or inaccuracies. In no event shall Mio Cannone Violini or its service or product providers be liable to you in any manner whatsoever for any decision made by you, or for any act or failure to act by you, in reliance upon information provided on the Website.
6. WARRANTY We believe in the quality of the instruments we make and provide clients with a 1-year guarantee against failures and deficiency of making, adjustments, and restoration If that is the case.
7. ORDER PROCESS The contract for purchase of a product is formed when we send you an email confirmation of dispatch. In order to enter into a contract to purchase instruments from us, you will need to take the following steps:
• You must add any instruments you wish to purchase (available for delivery or made to order) to your shopping basket, and then proceed to the checkout.
• If you are a new customer, you must then create an account with us and log in; if you are an existing customer, you must enter your login details.
• Once you are logged in, you must enter the address for delivery and confirm your order and your consent to our terms and conditions.
• You will then be given the option to pay with credit card, Paypal or bank transfer. If you choose Paypal, you will be transferred to their website to complete payment.
• We will then send you an initial acknowledgment via email to confirm we have received your order.
• Once we have checked whether we are able to meet your order, we will either send you an order confirmation (at which point your order will become a binding contract).
• Once we ship your order, we will send an e-mail. We may update the version of our terms and conditions on the website from time to time, and we do not guarantee that the version you have agreed to will remain 4 accessible. We recommend that you therefore print, download, and or retain a copy of these terms of sale for your records. We reserve the right not to accept your order or refuse or cancel any order once it has been placed. This may be done in for example cases where:
• Your payment is not authorised or has been marked as fraudulent, or potentially fraudulent, by the payment system.
• Payment has been made using a card issued in a country we are unable to dispatch to.
• There is an error on the website regarding the price or description of a product.
• The items ordered are no longer in stock or available.
• We have tried contacting you about your order and have not heard back within a reasonable period of time. By placing an order with us you are confirming that any information you have given is true and accurate and that you are authorised to use the card on which payment was made. No liability will be accepted in the case where you provide an incorrect delivery address or if you fail to collect the instruments from the delivery address which you have specified. You will assume the risk for the instruments once they have been delivered to the delivery address which you specified when ordering the instruments. Any instruments purchased on this Website are for personal use only and are not for re-sale or distribution. You are limited to purchase a maximum of 10 items of any one product. We reserve the right to cancel orders and/or suspend accounts where we believe instruments are being ordered in breach of this provision.
8. ORDER ACCEPTANCE All orders, including, online orders, telephone orders and preorders for limited availability instruments are not binding upon Mio Cannone Violini until we accept them. Unless otherwise agreed by Mio Cannone Violini, payment must be processed by Mio Cannone Violini prior to an order being accepted. Mio Cannone Violini will communicate its acceptance of an order by acknowledging your order by reply email then processing your payment and shipping the item(s) ordered to you or by processing your payment in-store and providing the item(s) ordered to you. We reserve the right to refuse to provide instruments or services to anyone.
9. PRICING Because prices, product descriptions and availability can change quickly, Mio Cannone Violini does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on the Website, in our stores or in written materials and is not responsible for pricing, typographical or other errors. If a product you purchase does not match the description on the Website, as your sole and exclusive remedy you may return the product, unused, to Mio Cannone Violini and receive a refund of your purchase price. Items in your shopping cart will reflect the most recent price displayed on each item’s product detail page. Prices are frequently updated to adjust for different sales, limited pricing, and other discounting. Therefore, prices on the product detail page and in your cart may change after such updates to reflect the current prices. Placing items in your cart does not reserve the current prices shown at that time. Prices are reserved only by placing an order. In the event of a pricing error, Mio Cannone Violini will do one of the following:
(1) if an item’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item; or
(2) if an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you are not satisfied with your purchase due to any errors or inaccuracies, you may return your purchase in accordance with our Returns Policy. Discounts are limited-time offers and are not valid with other offers. Although our limited time events are intended to be limited time events, our low prices offered during these events may continue in effect after the event.
10. TRIAL To find your perfect match is not an easy task, that’s why we provide you with a platform to help you select your next violin among the best options available. In our comparison service you can compare the essential qualities to find the instrument to complement your music. We ensure you a differentiated virtual experience using the highest levels of technology to make sure you will find your perfect match. In the tool you will be able to hear four selected instruments playing sequentially – all of the audios were recorded within the same conditions, same musician, same microphone, same place, same bow/violin, to guarantee a fair comparison. Even though we facilitate this choosing processs for you, we also grant you a 30 day trial period for total peace of mind in the comfort of your home, starting from the day the masterpiece arrives for you.
11. EXCHANGE If, by the time of the 30-day trial period, you think the instrument doesn’t respond to your needs or is not what you were expecting, you can choose to upgrade the instrument and pay the difference or to downgrade and receive the difference back. Once the returned instrument arrives, our team will make all the necessary checks to confirm the instrument’s integrity. The condition must be preserved, the same as it was like when first shipped from us. Once verified, we will get in touch and discuss the options available. You will then be granted another 30- day trial period for total peace of mind. Mio Cannone covers all the first chosen instrument’s return costs and the shipping of the second one to enhance your online buying experience. Do not forget that our experts are here to help you; contact us if you need some advice on which instrument may fit all your requirements.
12. GIFT WITH PRODUCT PROMOTION If we offer a free gift with a product the offer is per transaction, therefore only one free gift for every transaction. The free gift is subject to availability.
13. PROMOTIONAL CODES You may only use a promotional code on non-sale items. Only one promotional code can be used at one time in a single purchase.
14. LICENSE AND USE OF CONTENT You acknowledge that all the material and content supplied as part of the Website shall remain with us or our licensors and protected by trademarks, design rights, copyright or any other intellectual property rights. You agree not to reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website. You may electronically display the content of the Website on a computer screen or print one copy of such content for your own personal, noncommercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. No content may be used for any other purpose without our prior written permission. You are not allowed to use, display, reproduce, perform, adapt, translate, modify, create derivative works from, publish, distribute, disseminate and/or broadcast Content without our express prior written consent. Unauthorised or prohibited use of content may subject you to civil liability and/or criminal prosecution. Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any copyright or other intellectual property right.
15. COMPLIANCE You may only use the website in a lawful manner. You agree to accept all the applicable laws and regulations regarding the use of the website.
16. INDEMNITY You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our directors, employees and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms by you, or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website or any other person accessing the Website using your personal information.
17. MODIFICATION OF WEBSITE Mio Cannone Violini reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that Mio Cannone Violini will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Website.
18. MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you of amendments to these terms and conditions by posting them to this website. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by any such revisions. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website.
19. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT CREATION The Website may allow you to register and create an account (“Account”) in order to purchase instruments or services on the Website. If you create an Account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information about yourself and to maintain and update such information so it remains accurate and complete following registration. Failure to provide accurate and complete information or to update such information shall be grounds for us to suspend or terminate your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account log-in and password information and for any activities that occur through your Account. We are not liable for any harm caused or related to the theft or misappropriation of your Account information or your authorisation of anyone else to use your Account information. You agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorised use of your Account or if you wish to deactivate your Account due to security concerns.
20. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY The following Limitation of Liability (“Limitation”) applies only to your free use of the Website. This Limitation does not apply to, for example, your purchase of any product or service from Mio Cannone Violini. Your use of the Website is at your own risk. You agree that our sole obligation to you is to provide the Website “as is.” Neither Mio Cannone Violini nor any of our employees, officers, directors, nor any of our agents or any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Website shall be liable to you or any third party for your use of, or the inability to use, the Website or the Content except in cases of
(1) gross negligence, recklessness, or an act of knowing or intentional willful misconduct; or
(2) a violation of a consumer protection statute in connection with the Website. IN NO EVENT SHALL MIO CANNONE VIOLINI BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT MIO CANNONE VIOLINI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE. MIO CANNONE VIOLINI’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED $2000. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
21. COPYRIGHT The Website and the Content are copyrighted works of Mio Cannone Violini. Neither the Website nor the Content may be reproduced, displayed, modified or adapted, distributed or transmitted in any form by any means (including, but not limited to, electronic duplication or transmission) without our prior written permission. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
22. TRADEMARKS All trademarks are owned by Mio Cannone Violini. For further information on intellectual property matter, please contact us.
24. CONTESTS, SWEEPSTAKES AND PROMOTIONS From time to time, we may conduct promotions on or through the Website. Each Promotion may have Official Rules or other terms and limitations which will be posted or otherwise made available to you and, for purposes of that Promotion, will be deemed incorporated into and form a part of these Terms and Conditions. To the extent that the terms for any Promotion conflict with these Terms and Conditions, the terms for that Promotion shall control with respect to that Promotion only.
25. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES If you see or use any links on the Website which allow you to browse, redirect or visit any other websites, web pages or other internet or web-based locations, it does not mean that Mio Cannone Violin is associated with or has endorsed, reviewed or even knows anything about that website or page and we have no obligation, responsibility or liability to you or anyone else if you go to another website, page or address outside the Website, even if a link on the Website allowed you to do so. When you leave the Website, you should confirm the terms and conditions, privacy and other policies that apply to you since Mio Cannone Violini neither controls, nor has any responsibility for any third-party Websites (unless they are expressly owned by us), their practices or anything associated with their operations.
26. REVIEWS Any reviews submitted by you will give us the right to use, amend, adapt, reproduce, publish and display in any form of media.
28. SEVERABILITY If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions hereof shall be unaffected and remain in full force and effect.
29. INDEMNIFICATION You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Mio Cannone Violini and its affiliated companies against all costs, expenses, damages, losses and liabilities incurred or suffered by Mio Cannone Violini or our affiliated companies resulting from any violation by you of these Terms and Conditions.
30. GOVERNING LAW This Provision provides that all disputes between You and Mio Cannone Violini shall be resolved by binding Italian arbitration because acceptance of these Terms and Conditions constitutes a waiver of your right to litigation claims and all opportunity to be heard by a judge or jury.
31. HEADINGS The section headings used herein are for convenience of reference only and do not form a part of these terms and conditions, and no construction or inference shall be derived therefrom.
32. CONTACT US If you have any questions, you may contact Mio Cannone Violini at email@example.com.
33. FREE HOME TRIAL Terms & Conditions
Mio Cannone Violini provides to EU residents only a two-week free home trial service to help you make your final purchase decision. We will provide you a free shipment to send you the instrument and in case of a return, the return cost of 50 euros will be the customer’s responsibility. By submitting your request for a free home trial and in consideration of our order’s acceptance, you are agreeing that if you do not return the instrument sent to you in the free home trial service, within 15 calendar days following the arrival at the designated address, you will have placed an order to buy the product. If the person chooses to buy, after the home trial, they are not subject to the 30 days free trial policy and exchange policy after 30 days. This is only for those who buy without the home trial service. Anything provided free as part of that offer, must also be returned and equally, be in as new condition. Goods returned that are marked or damaged in any way, or when there are items missing, or items that were a special order will not be eligible under the terms of this program.
The trial period commences from the actual date you received the instrument. The goods must be returned to us by the 15th calendar day thereafter. Goods arriving outside that period will not be eligible for return. The money received in payment of the return cost goods will not be eligible for a refund. The 14-days period ceases to operate where you have agreed to keep the goods during the above period. This avoids any issues with part exchanges being sold. If you are unsure about your trial period, please contact us to clarify. To return goods, you must firstly notify us in writing of your intention to return it. The customer interested in the service must provide all the personal information requested and an ID verification.
The Free Home Trial is available to EU residents only and is not offered to any addresses outside the EU. List of EU countries eligible for free home trial: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
This Terms and Conditions was last updated on 11th March 2022.